Emergency Fund opens for Manchester’s
- A fund of £200,000 has been made available for unpaid
carers in Manchester who need additional support as a result of the
- This is to ensure the ongoing health and wellbeing of
both the carer and the person who needs care. It can be used for a range
of purposes including transport costs (including taxis) or fuel,
furniture, emergency delivery of food, or one-off practical costs.
- Cash grants
- Help with furniture and white goods
- Help with gas and electric
- Applications can be made directly by the carer through
Manchester Council’s website or by proxy (on behalf of the carer).
- Carers can also receive advice about accessing this
fund from Manchester Carers Centre by contacting the helpline on 0161 272
7270 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.