Phone Icon
Call: 0161 202 6482 
Contact Icon
Facebook LogoTwitter Logo

Services and Checks

SHOUT TMO and its representatives have a right to enter the property to carry out repairs, gas servicing, and any other access as stated in the tenancy agreement. Annual Gas Servicing is a statutory requirement and you are obligated to give access when contacted. The gas servicing is arranged by Northwards with MEARs and they will contact you to arrange a suitable time. The gas servicing will also include checking smoke alarms. Please note as this is mandatory, force entry including a lock change under Housing Act 1985 Section 54 can be issued where attempts to gain access to carry out the gas servicing has proved unsuccessful.

(While smoke alarms are checked when the gas servicing is done, tenants are advised to check their smoke alarms weekly and if it not working to contact SHOUT TMO Office and report it).).

Electric checks in your home are done every five years. This is to make sure your home meets the current electrical safety regulations.

Safety Checks for your home

The gas safety checks safeguards you from carbon monoxide poisoning.
The electrical safety checks help to protect you from fires caused by faulty electrics.
Please keep your appointment. Your safety depends on it.

Fire Safety

The fire service can also carry out free Safe and Well visits to your homes. They will:

• Identify potential firer risks
• Advise you on how to reduce or prevent risks.
• Help you to work out an escape plan in case a fire breaks out
• Fit extra smoke alarms if you need them
• Also help with crime prevention and health advice.

Call the fire service on 08000 555 815 to book an appointment

Keeping the Estate Clean

You can do your part to keep the estate clean by:

• Keeping your garden tidy and disposing of rubbish properly – bins are collected usually every Thursday however please check the bin scheduling for the collection (the various bins are collected alternatively every fortnight. Collection day on some bank holidays may also change and the Council may also change the day of collection. The Council usually inform residents of any changes). Should you require bins you will need to contact Manchester City Council on 0161 954 9000. Grey bins are provided at a cost, recycle bins – blue, green and brown bins are provided free by the Council.

• The Council remove bulky items. The first 3 items in a year is free and subsequently a charge of £27 applies. The best way to get the items removed is online and you will need to register on the Manchester City Council website; You can also contact the Council via 0161 954 9000. It is however easier and probably faster to book online. 

• You are also advised to check the Council’s advice on what can be recycled and put the correct item in the recycle bins. Incorrect items will result in the Council not taking the bins or a charge to yourself. SHOUT TMO is not responsible for the provision of bins.

• Report all fly tipping to the Council (0161 954 9000)
• Report graffiti to SHOUT TMO Office (0161 202 6482)
• Report abandoned cars to the Police on 101.

Estate Walkabouts

Housing Staff usually with a member of the Board carry out walkabouts at least once a month on the Estate on a Wednesday. They look out for broken lights, fly tipping, untidy gardens etc. and take action accordingly.
Facebook LogoTwitter Logo
Privacy Policy
Skip to content