Phone Icon
Call: 0161 202 6482 
Contact Icon
Facebook LogoTwitter Logo

Procedure for Dealing with Harassment and Neighbour Disputes

Every tenant has a right to live in peace in their own homes and vicinity, however there
 are times when your peace is disturbed. Should such nuisance occur:

• In the first instance, if you feel comfortable talk to your neighbour. 

If the nuisance persists

• Ring to book an appointment with the Housing Manager.
• The Housing Manager will discuss the details and take a statement.
• The Housing Manager will also discuss the procedure with you including writing and interviewing the alleged perpetrator, talking to witnesses and where applicable other neighbours.
• You will be issued with an Incident Diary for you to record all incidents which would later be used should the case go further including injunction/court.
• A case will be opened on the computer system. This will be updated regularly.
• If the perpetrator continues to cause nuisance they will be issued with a warning. If it continues a second warning may be issued.
• Where the nuisance persists, the case will be sent to the Community Safety Team for further action including legal action.
• Serious incidents need to be reported to the Police and the log number passed to the Housing Manager who will take further action accordingly.
• Where the nuisance stops and/or there are no further incidents for a few weeks, the case will be closed.
• You will be updated regularly and encouraged to continue to record incidents as they occur.
Facebook LogoTwitter Logo
Privacy Policy
Skip to content