Manchester city council

If you are having financial difficulties as a result of Coronavirus measures please see our pages about benefits and money at this time.

You can apply for a cash grant of between £30 and £60 if you are in crisis or have an emergency that’s out of your control.

See if you’re eligible

To apply you must:

  • live in the area covered by Manchester City Council; and
  • be 16 or over; and
  • have no capital or savings; and
  • get one of the following benefits; Income Support, Jobseeker’s Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance, Universal Credit or Guaranteed Pension Credit
  • not be experiencing hardship because of a decision by the Department of Work and Pensions (if you are, visit or call 0345 608 8545); and
  • not have already received a cash grant within the last 12 months.

Contacting The Council

Last updated at 5.17pm, Tuesday 7 April 

During this difficult period we are experiencing significant pressures and need to prioritise services to the most vulnerable adults and children.

Customer Service Centre

The Customer Service Centre in the town hall extension is closed to walk-in visitors until further notice to avoid the potential spread of coronavirus, especially among those most at risk. 

Most council services are available online and in the current climate you should access these through our website wherever possible.

If you can’t resolve your issue online you are asked to call or email: 

Email enquiries will be prioritised and the most urgent dealt with quickly. 

Call Centre

In order to assist with the efforts to limit the spread of the COVID-19, we have taken the decision to close our Contact Centre at this time and maintain only essential and emergency phone service to support the most vulnerable. 
You can access most Manchester City Council services online and payments can still be made using our automated payments line on 0161 234 5006.

If you have an urgent enquiry, you can email us using the address listed below, but please only do this if your enquiry is genuinely urgent. Please enter “telephone enquiry” in the subject field of your email and include as much detail relating to your query as possible. We will respond to you by email as quickly as possible.

If you are concerned for the safety or wellbeing of a child or adult, you can contact our social care service on 0161 234 5001.

If you are calling to report an emergency that is an immediate risk to public safety, please call 0161 223 7222.



Comments are closed

× How can I help you?